Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Coffees of Hawaii- Malulani Estate (100% moloka'i Coffee)

Well I am reviewing a coffee today. This is the first in a series of 5 Coffees I am reviewing on this roasting Company (ok it's really 4 coffees and 1 espresso). Anyway this wonderful roaster sent me some samples of his coffees about *ahem* a few months ago. I have no excuse for my actions, only to say I was in a deep coffee depression after severing my ties to my beloved coffee shop a month and a half ago. But the fog is lifting and I am back blogging again about what I love most in life...coffee.




Photobucket

Anyway I'll just dive right into it.


First off the smell came out and hit me in the face right when I opened the bag. Full bodied?? To put it mildly. The nutiness (is that a word?) is very strong and it seems to seep into my nose even when I am not breathing in, forcing me to take it all in. Now once brewed, the hints of chocolate come out. A slight hint of earthiness to it as well. This coffee is very mild in taste. Something you don't really need to add a lot of cream or sugar to, if that is something you normally do. It just kind of is mellow with just a slightest hint of something citrusy (another word I'm going to use so deal with it) as an aftertaste. And the taste definitely stays on your tongue for a while after your last sip.




Photobucket

This is a very mild coffee that I can see becoming a favorite of any kind of coffee drinkers. Some coffee drinkers like coffee that is very light and full of bite, and some like the heavy dark roasts that can take a good amount of sugar and cream and still retain it's taste. This coffee is so passive but at the same time full of flavor and sweetness, it could be loved by many.

No comments: